Leading safety tips for new homeowners in San Bernardino
If you purchased your first home or you’re getting ready to, congratulations! It’s a thrilling time for your family. You’re likely thinking about the many ways you should customize your residence with decor, paint, and furnishings. But, before you get too caught up in home improvements, make sure you consider home security as well. Keeping your loved ones shielded from harm should always be a leading priority, and we’ll show you the way with these safety tips for new homeowners in San Bernardino.
Conduct a safety review of your new San Bernardino property
Now that safety is top of mind, see what your new home has in place. To begin, ensure you have working smoke detectors. Test every one and replace batteries if required. Are CO detectors in the house? Do you need a water sensor in your basement? This is also a perfect time to update door locks and check all locks on windows. Go room-by-room and get to know your property.
Smart security tips for your San Bernardino home
Once you’ve completed your opening investigation of safety alarms and locks, you can think about enhancing your property’s defense. Get started with these security tips for your home in San Bernardino.
- Opt for a full-featured home security system. One of the best tools for new homeowners in San Bernardino is a home security system. The latest in wireless advancements let you keep a close watch on your home even when you’re not there. You may review real-time video feeds, control entry locks, and even speak with visitors on your front porch directly from your cell phone. You can custom-tailor your system with incredible security implements such as video surveillance and monitored fire alarms.
- Update outside lights. Outside lights with motion detection are a great way to discourage potential burglars. You may even integrate them with outdoor cameras. The activating of a motion detector can instruct your surveillance to record.
- Keep your premises neat. Can you see all of your property through your windows? Are there large bushes and trees impeeding the view? Get rid of likely areas to hide by keeping your yard well groomed. Your neighbors will appreciate it as well.
- Make friends with others in your community. Speaking of your neighbors, get acquainted with them. If you know people close to you, they’ll be more likely to let you know if they see suspicious behavior. You may also connect to your community’s social media group if one is available.
- Benefit from home automation. If you opt for a modern smart home, you can make it look like you’re inside by activating smart lights at scheduled moments. This is a nice option when you’re at work or on vacation.