What to do to cut down on false alarms in San Bernardino
False alarms can be a real problem for your home’s security. They're not only a burden on your time and pocketbook, but they can also lower the trust you have in your equipment. Luckily, you are able to do a few things to reduce false alarms from your San Bernardino sensors and alarms.
First, be sure that your devices installed properly. This process may appear to be common sense, but it frequently happens that simple miscues trigger false alarms. Secondly, watch out for potential causes of false alarms, such as entry points that may be left open inadvertently. And of course, you should try to use the many options like home automation and scheduling to cut down on false alarms in San Bernardino.
Is it really that easy? Continue on and discover for yourself.
Can you avoid false alarms in San Bernardino?
Like diagnosing any issue, the first thing to do is reference the owner’s instruction booklet. Make sure all alarms and sensors are connected properly on your end by:
- Executing a diagnostic through your smart hub touchscreen.
- Manually inspect each device to be certain it didn't become dislodged or need a new battery.
- Check your scheduling to make sure that your system isn’t arming at unsuitable times.
- Ensure all integrated smart implements are installed in the proper fashion and aren't disrupting your system.
Reach out to your service agent if you are still having issues cutting down false alarms in your San Bernardino system. They'll be happy to dispatch a tech to examine your equipment.
Investigate your doors and windows
In the event your system seems to be OK, the subsequent measure is to do a sweep of your residence. Are all your doors and widows shut tight, or do you find some inadvertently open? If an entry point stays open, it could activate an activated sensor. In the event your household routinely fails to secure an entry point, you could incorporate a smart lock that automatically locks when your home security is activated. Unfortunately, windows take extra hands-on attention, mainly if you have a family member who likes to sleep with a cracked window. Luckily, your Vivint home security system makes it simple to disengage that alarm while still guarding the rest of the property.
Home automation can be a great method to cut down on false alarms in San Bernardino
One of the smartest ways to lessen the likelihood of false alarms is to include automation into your alarm system. By using your security app, you’re able to:
- Set a schedule to disarm when you are home and prevent false alarms that result from accidentally unlocking a door or window. You can then program the alarm to automatically engage again after dark when you’re asleep.
- Have your system disengage whenever your smart locking mechanism is initiated with the correct number combination.
- Set geotracking to arm your system if you exit the driveway, then turn off when you come back to the house.
- Receive smartphone alerts when your devices notice abnormal activity or require a new battery.
- Pair your home security to a smart home speaker, so you can operate your system without the mobile app or smart home hub.
Cut down on false alarms in San Bernardino when you get a Vivint smart home installation
Greater authority over your alarm system equates to fewer chances of false alarms. To get started on your Vivint security package, contact (909) 324-3685 or submit the form below.