Getting started with the Vivint Smart Hub in your San Bernardino smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the center of your home’s security system as it incorporates your security sensors, cameras, locks, and thermostats into one cohesive system. This easy-to-use, 7-inch color touchscreen puts you in total control of your San Bernardino home’s automation and security. See what it can do and check out suggestions to get you started.
What can the Vivint Smart Hub in San Bernardino do for you?
Connecting wirelessly to devices with radio wave transmissions and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the command center for your home. You may arm your system, operate lights, change thermostat settings, and more. When integrating a doorbell camera, you may even chat with someone at your front door. The Vivint Smart Hub includes cellular capability and a backup battery for added reliability. It also gives you complete remote operation through the Vivint mobile app.
Here are some of the functions you can execute:
- Check real-time or saved footage from any connected security cameras
- Disarm or arm your home’s security
- Switch lights on or off
- Open or close your garage door
- Modify your home comfort settings
- Talk directly to monitoring agents
You can do even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in San Bernardino by setting schedules or establishing rules. To illustrate, you might have your smart thermostat automatically adjust nightly at a specified time. Or, you can incorporate preferences like having your entrances unlock if the fire alarm trips.
Steps for arming and disarming your system
Before you jump into all the amazing things your Vivint Smart Hub can accomplish, you’ll need to grasp how to arm and disarm your system. It’s easy - just follow these instructions:
- Tap the shield icon on the home screen and slide to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay means you will remain inside your home and arms everything besides interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away signifies you will be leaving, and each sensor in your home will arm.
- To disarm, just swipe down on the shield icon and input your PIN.
You’ll see a warning if the system isn’t prepared to arm. To illustrate, an open door will prompt you to take action. It’s worth noting that you are still able to arm the security system by adhering to the steps above. You will then confirm you want to bypass the sensor that isn’t engaged.
Add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in San Bernardino
Although multiple users can be entered during the initial installation, you will likely want to add or remove a user at some point. Here are instructions to do so.
- Tap the menu icon (three dots) near the bottom right-hand side of the welcome screen.
- Press “Users” and type in your PIN.
- Choose “Add new user” near the bottom.
- Press “Name,” enter the user’s name, and tap the Next button.
- If you wish to give the user remote access, choose phone or email and submit the info to deliver an invitation.
- Hit Next and then establish a PIN for this new user.
- To take out a user, just proceed to the menu, press users, select the user you want to get rid of, and then tap “Delete User.”
Automate and secure your home with Vivint
Would you like to take control of your home’s security and automation via an easy-to-use touchscreen console? You’ll appreciate the Vivint Smart Hub and your new San Bernardino smart home. Contact (909) 324-3685 to learn more.